Our fully trained carers are here to provide unparalleled support, ensuring your loved ones enjoy the highest quality of life in the comfort of their homes with our live-in care services.
Living in the heart of your community, we are a local care provider that understands the unique needs of our Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole residents. We aim to provide personalised care that respects your independence and lifestyle while consistently meeting your needs.
What is Live-In Care?
Live-in care is a full-time home care solution that allows you or your loved one to stay at home in familiar and relaxed surroundings with incomparable one-to-one support. Our professional carer resides at your home, providing help and support day and night.
Embracing personal care, housekeeping, and companionship is a direct alternative to residential care that empowers you to retain control and independence.
The service is completely tailored to your loved needs and routines, ensuring the right level of care and without compromising their preferred lifestyle.
Who is it For?
Live-in care is suitable for a variety of people with diverse care needs. It’s an ideal solution for:
- The Elderly: Live-in care can assist seniors who find daily tasks challenging or prefer not to live alone.
- Individuals with Chronic Conditions: If you have long-term health conditions such as Parkinson’s, diabetes or heart disease, our live-in carers can provide the necessary support to manage these conditions effectively at home.
- People with Physical Disabilities: Live-in care can significantly enhance the quality of life for individuals with physical disabilities, providing necessary support for daily tasks.
- Individuals with Dementia or Alzheimer’s: The familiarity and routine of a home environment can benefit individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s. Our specially trained carers can provide personalised care to help manage these conditions.
- Post-operative or Convalescent Care: If you’re recovering from surgery or an illness, a live-in carer can offer essential support during recovery.
- Respite Care: When primary carers need a break or holiday, live-in care provides a seamless continuity of support.
Regardless of your needs, live-in care offers a flexible, personalised service that adapts to your lifestyle, ensuring your loved one can remain comfortable and secure in their home.
Whether for short-term relief or a more permanent solution, our dedicated care team in Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole can provide the support you need.
Live-In Care vs Home Care
While both live-in care and home care are delivered at home, there are distinct differences between the two.
At-Home Care, often called domiciliary care, typically involves regular visits from a carer for specific tasks. The frequency and length of these visits can vary but are generally for short periods, such as an hour at a time. This is an ideal solution for individuals who need assistance with daily tasks but don’t require full-time support.
Live-In Care offers a more comprehensive solution. A professional carer lives with you in your home, providing round-the-clock support tailored to your needs. And, it goes beyond the primary care needs and includes companionship, emotional support, and assistance with household tasks.
This is especially beneficial for those who need a higher level of support, appreciate companionship, or have conditions that require constant monitoring.
Why Choose Our Live-In Care Services?
Choosing live-in care means retaining control of your daily routines, privacy, and homely comforts. Our live-in care service in BCP delivers support round-the-clock, tailored to your loved ones’ lifestyle and specific requirements. It’s all about empowering them to live on their terms in familiar surroundings.
Our professional carers can assist with various tasks, including personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, and medication management. Furthermore, they offer companionship – a friendly face, a listening ear, and a comforting presence to alleviate loneliness.
- Tailored Care Plans: We understand that everyone’s care needs are different. That’s why we create bespoke care plans tailored to your loved ones’ requirements, offering a level of service that can adapt as their needs change.
- Continuity of Care: Our live-in care service ensures they have a familiar face providing support. This continuity of care can significantly reduce anxiety, particularly for clients with dementia or other cognitive conditions.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: Our professional live-in carers ensure their safety at home, reassuring them that help is always at hand, day or night.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: We enhance our client’s quality of life by assisting with daily activities and enabling participation in favourite pastimes.
- Companionship: Our carers do more than provide physical care – they also offer companionship, which can profoundly impact emotional wellbeing.
Having a carer can make your loved one love life, read more about this here.
Trusted Live-In Care Service in Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole
We have a rigorous selection process for our live-in carers. All our carers undergo comprehensive background checks and receive ongoing in-house training to ensure they provide the highest level of service. Moreover, we carefully match our carers with clients to foster solid and long-lasting relationships.
Affordability and Access to Support
Everyone deserves access to top-quality live-in care. As such, we strive to offer affordable services without compromising on quality. Our team can also guide you through available funding options to ensure you get your needed support. Read more about affording care here.
Costs and Funding in the UK
The cost of live-in care can vary depending on the required level and type of care. Typically, it is cheaper than the cost of a residential care home, especially for couples, but it offers the advantage of one-to-one support and the comfort of remaining in your own home.
When it comes to funding live-in care in the UK, there are several avenues you can explore:
- Local Authority Funding: If you have care needs, you may be eligible for financial support from your local authority. Somebody will assess your loved one to determine their eligibility.
- NHS Continuing Healthcare: Individuals with complex medical conditions requiring ongoing care may be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare, a package of care arranged and funded by the NHS.
- Direct Payments: This is a sum paid by the local authority to the person needing care or their representative, allowing you to arrange and pay for your care services (or your loved ones).
- Self-Funding: You may pay for your care privately if you have sufficient savings or income. Some individuals release equity from their homes or use pensions or other investments to fund their care.
Navigating the funding landscape can be challenging. Therefore, our team is available to guide the funding options available for live-in care. Everyone should have access to the care they need, and we’re committed to helping you explore all your options. Remember, live-in care costs are not just about maintaining health and wellbeing. It’s an investment in your quality of life, allowing you to stay in your beloved home, surrounded by treasured memories and personal belongings.
Steps to Arrange Live-In Care
Arranging live-in care might seem daunting, but we’re here to make the process as smooth and straightforward as possible. Here are the typical steps:
- Initial Contact: Contact us via phone, email or our website contact form. One of our friendly team members will happily discuss your needs and answer any initial questions.
- In-Home Consultation: We’ll arrange a free, no-obligation in-home consultation at a time that suits you. This allows us to understand your specific needs, preferences, and lifestyle to help us develop your personalised care plan.
- Care Plan Creation: Based on our consultation, we’ll create a bespoke care plan that caters to your needs and routines. This will be a collaborative process where your feedback and input are highly encouraged.
- Matching with a Carer: We’ll match you with a carer that fits your care requirements and personal interests. This is crucial to ensure you feel comfortable and build a strong, trusting relationship with your carer.
- Start of Care: Once you’re happy with your care plan and carer, we’ll provide our live-in care service.
- Regular Reviews: Your care needs might change over time, so we conduct regular reviews to ensure your care is always suitable and fulfils your needs.
Get Started Today
Living independently at home is one of the greatest gifts we can offer. So, our care service is here to help Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole residents continue leading fulfilling lives in their homes’ comfort and familiarity. Remember, with our live-in care service, you’re not just getting a carer. You’re welcoming a friend who supports you every step of the way. Your comfort, happiness, and wellbeing are our top priorities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can live-in care be temporary or short-term? Yes, it can be arranged on a temporary or respite basis, providing support when you need it, such as recovery from surgery or when the primary caregiver needs a break.
- Will the live-in carer need their own room? Yes, your carer will need a private room to sleep, rest, and have some personal time.
- How are the live-in carers selected? Our carers are chosen meticulously through a robust recruitment process, including thorough background checks and training. When matching carers with clients, we also consider personality, interests, and compatibility.
- Can a live-in carer care for couples? Absolutely. It is often a cost-effective solution for couples who need support, as they can share the cost of a carer.
- How quickly can live-in care start? This can depend on the individual circumstances and urgency of the need. However, we aim to have care in place as soon as possible, often within a few days of the initial consultation.
If you have more questions or would like to discuss how our live-in care service could support you or your loved one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Our team in Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole is always here to help.